Surf Life Saving New Zealand Membership Declaration
1. The details set out in the Application for Membership form are true and correct. If they change, I acknowledge that I am required to notify my club of the changes, in writing, as soon as possible after they occur.
2. I will be bound by the constitutions, regulations, policies, manuals, guidelines and reasonable directions of the Club and Surf Life Saving New Zealand (SLSNZ) respectively.
3. I have voluntarily accepted and assumed the inherent risk of danger and injury in surf lifesaving.
4. I will not hold my club, SLSNZ or their respective officers responsible for any claims, losses and expenses which may arise from or in connection with my membership and/or participation in any activity authorised or recognised by my club or SLSNZ, except in the case of gross negligence or a wilful act or omission on the part of my club or SLSNZ.
5. I indemnify my club and SLSNZ from all claims, losses and expenses suffered or incurred at any time, occurring as a result of or resulting directly or indirectly from my failure to observe the constitutions, regulations, policies, manuals, guidelines and reasonable directions of my club and SLSNZ respectively.
6. I am medically and physically fit and do not suffer from any disease or condition, either physical or mental that would affect my ability to safely participate in any authorised or recognised activities of my club or SLSNZ. If I am unsure about this declaration, or suffer from such a condition, I am aware that I must bring it to the attention of my club and SLSNZ.
7. I understand that my club and SLSNZ will collect personal information about me for the purpose of:
a. Processing my application for membership;
b. Providing me with information relating to my interest group(s) (if I have ticked the box(es);
c. Providing me with information and activities relating to my club and SLSNZ;
8. I understand that my personal information will only be used for the purposes listed in paragraph 7 and that:
a. My personal information will be held securely;
b. I will have access to my personal information upon request;
c. My personal information will be corrected upon request.
9. I accept that both the club and SLSNZ have overriding discretion to decline this membership application for any reason.
Provided the club or SLSNZ does not decline my membership application, I agree and understand that upon payment of my membership fee (if any) I will become a member of my club and SLSNZ and that by paying such fee each year by the due date, I will continue to be a member of my club, and SLSNZ, unless I resign or my membership is terminated.
Copies of the constitutions of the club and SLSNZ can be obtained by contacting your Club or SLSNZ via www.surflifesaving.org.nz
Whiritoa Surf Life Saving Club Inc, (trading as Trust Waikato Whiritoa Lifeguard Service)
Code of Conduct
The primary object for which the Club has been established is to prevent death by drowning of those swimming and undertaking activities on Whiritoa Beach by providing lifesaving, lifeguarding patrol services, lifeguard training and other Programmes and services to our members.
Our secondary object is also to encourage family participation in the activities, administration, social events and entertainment at the Club. Our members share a mutual interest and respect for the objectives of the Club as well as respect for one another.
This Code of Conduct is to provide firstly a basis as to how members should conduct themselves, and secondly, to ensure a safe and welcoming environment for the mutual benefit of the membership as a whole.
- Seek and promote membership of the Club, membership is open to all those who are fulfilling the membership criteria.
- Privacy of individual members is to be respected. Personal information collected is for use within our organisation only and is not available to others.
- Encourage and promote physical fitness of our club members, assist the Local Authority's when called upon, and by appointing patrols, render all possible aid to those in distress.
- The safety and wellbeing of all members is paramount, it is the policy of the club to provide a healthy, safe and enjoyable environment for all members.
- If you see something being carried out which is unsafe or not fitting of a member, don’t be afraid to speak up. Escalate to Club Executives if necessary.
- No member will put other members at risk, either physically or emotionally. Respect the feelings of others, and consider your actions which effects on others.
- No member should conduct themselves in a manner likely to give offence or cause harm to others. Harassment in any form will not be tolerated.
- Only club members who are over the age of 18 may consume alcohol on the club property.
- Our Club is a smoke free club. Smoking, including E-cigarettes & Vaping is not permitted anywhere on club grounds.
- We rely on the community for support. Your actions as a member may impact on the way the community views the club.
- Always act in good faith and loyalty to ensure the maintenance and enhancement of Surf Life Saving, its standards, quality and reputation for the collective and mutual benefit of our members and the Whiritoa Community.
- Respect for club property. It is yours. Clean and put away all equipment. Clean, close and lock the entire club when leaving the club.